Thursday, September 29, 2005

The 32-33rd Day

It rained today! I was so relieved! So of course all the locals bundle up like it's the storm of '96 while I'm gallavanting about skipping and whistling because rain means - NO MESQUITOES!
Also, today it dawned on me that I am sick of Cafeteria food. Just when I thought I could live on dumplings for the next 3 months- No, I definetely canNOT. So I set off on my adventure through the lovely rain to Ito Yokado, a big supermarket, and I bought fresh vegetables and made dinner for the first time in a month! It was so nice, of course, I have no pan so I just used the kettle - but it turned out great. This is my new plan from now on.

We also went to this new market called YAXIU SALITUN. Another touristy place, but this market beats Silk Street no question.

HOwever I think my bargaining skills are decreasing in quality.... "How much is this jacket?" "For you, I give you best price 850 yuan, no joke" "Um... I'll give you 100" "Get out of my store!"

What?????

What happened to bargaining? What happened to the sob stories of me wanting to kill your children?? So I regret to inform you there are no new pictures of shoes.....

Anyhow, it is the National Day Holiday in China. Colleen, Tahyler and the rest of them set off to Cold Mongolia while I have stayed behind to work on accounting, go shopping and visit some historical sites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home