Friday, September 09, 2005

the 10th day

Well, Thursday was the first day of classes. It didn't start off to good, to begin with, they have no SALT OR PEPPER anywhere in the entire cafeteria. There are 3 big floors, no salt and pepper (which is greatly needed for one's Congee porridge). I asked them "Why don't you have salt and pepper?" And they looked at me like I was the craziest girl they had ever met and said "Um.... this is a cafeteria, of course we don't have it..." and I was like oh right.... what was I thinking.....
Anyone, my 221 Mandarin class is much too hard! They were rattling away and it sounded like this to me:
sdpofiu qwopvnqo 0;sldf0 ;lks;ldkf;lkbwe
Yup! So I want to switch to a lower level, but I have to wait a week.... oh no! I mean, they expect me to learn 100 new characters a week- is that even possible??
OOooh good news, I found this awesome cafe that sells Tuna Fish sandwiches, yum, that is my new breakfast!
The guys went to go buy motorized bicycles today, they look fun, I guess their taxi-ing days with the gals are over!
And I found this great way to learn Mandarin, are you ready? Okay
Korean Soap Operas
in Mandarin
with English subtitles
Huh? Pretty clever hey?.... I already got Colleen hooked on it

Some more interesting names I have heard on small Chinese guys:
Andre (named after Andre Agassi)
A
M
Yes, that is right, AM, as in AM radio. One is A and One is M!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home