the 8th day
"Yes Colleen I will meet you in the lobby at 7 AM. No, don't worry, I promise we will go do Tai Chi at 7 AM."The next thing I know, I am being woken up at 8:30 am. Darn. So I treat Colleen to our first breakfast together in the cafeteria, and I am in the middle of ordering this fabulous rice noodle dish when Taylor gives us a ring and tells us that we have class right now. What? I thought class started in 2 days?? So we walked to the building and sure enough - the 4 of them (the beginners I call them) had class. So I had to walk all acoss campus and back to figure out what class I was in. In the end, I was right, I didn't start class til Thursday because I am in Intermediate.
Anyhow, the reason I woke up late was due to my sore throat, so I went to the drugstore,etc, boring chores today. BUT - we FINALLY got a broom! Yea! And Toon bought it - ooops. Oh well, I will buy the next round of cleaning supplies.
At night, we went to the John Bull Pub (there is a picture also somewhere on here) and that fun. However, it was really weird, they onlly had one menu so the whole restaurant had to share it, and the waitress had to keep running back and forth. So, yes I am sick and I am sorry for the uneventful day.
HOWEVER- I will tell you a story that Colleen, Taylor and Jordan told me - the first night they went out to the bars here, they ran into Chinese dude and his name was - Usher. "Excuse me, I didn't hear you what was your name?" Yes - it is Usher, as in Usher Raymond, the singer, as in Usher, the black superstore. This little puny Chinese guy from Beijing had taken it upon himself to give himself an English name, and it was Usher. It is actually a really big thing here to name yourself after a celebrity. (Colleen's Chinese name is the same as a Hong Kong rapper!)
Anyhow don't be surprised when you start meeting Asian guys in Canada called P.Diddy, Ludacris or Lil' John... it's already started.
I'm going to bed now, I hope I get better, maybe I"ll go get a $10 foot massage tomorrow....


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home