Wednesday, September 07, 2005

the 9th day

Well, the first thing I have to say is
CHINESE MEDICINE ROCKS
I woke up with my sore throat COMPLETELY gone, goodbye Halls, hello Chinese pills!
I went to go buy textbooks today and what have I gotten myself into?
The books were so advanced I couldn' even read the first lesson. Even worse, Colleen and the guys are in the Beginner's Elementary Class and I couldn't even read their last lesson!
I will have to do some switching.... first day of classes is tommorow at 9:50, so we will see!
Thursay is my day off, usually I have class from 8AM-11:30 Monday to Friday- Wow!
We had met this guy Drew from VAncouver who said he was going to try to get us jobs teaching English- sweet! Then we met a whole bunch of MBA students and for a fabulous lunch, I met this guy from the Bahamas, Osbourne who is the funniest guy I have met here. Then, we went to the Carrefour, the Walmart of France, it was great, I bought an iron! And a mop! Finally! Now my roomate no longer dislikes me! Also, I made my door sign today, which there is a picture of!
Then, the group was going to go for Mexican food with Mexicans, but then we 2 girls were not feeling it tonight, we went out for Korean BBQ, they know us there by name now. We have been there 5 times in the last week and half! Tomorrow is the first day of my Intermediate Mandarin class, I hope the teacher is not too harsh on me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home