Monday, September 05, 2005

The 5th Day

TianJin! We went to this fabulous restaurant and had the MOST DELICIOUS sweet and sour fish ever!!! It was amazing, the best fish I ever had! Then, we went to the Antique Market - since TianJin is not as touristy as Beijing, we FINALLY saw foreigners and I ran up to them "Where are you from! We're from Canada!" and they were from France - fun! And luckily we ran into "Don" at the Antique Market and he told us about heaven- literally, HEAVEN. It's called BieJiang Dao and it is SHOPPING PARADISE. Metrotown cannot even COME CLOSE to competing. It's a street, with mazes of branching streets with shops, stores, food, shops, store, food, shops, stores... well you get the picutre. So cheap. SO CHEAP! I got 2 pairs of$1 DOLLAR SHOES. THAT'S RIGHT! $1 SHOES! I will send a picture soon! And $10 dresses, $0.50 earings.. needless to say, we all went a little nuts, even the guys! There were even ladies selling little mini turtles on the street! Awww, and then seriously, I was trying to bargain a Kabuki Kab ride back to the hotel when 25 chinese men SURROUNDED me shouting! It was a little scary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home