Wednesday, September 14, 2005

the 15th day

Well, something interesting happened in language class today. We were all talking about how tired we were, and then HANS SINATRA (Yes, his last name is Sinatra) from Indonesia started talking about how he gets his servants to massage him when he is tired.
"What? Hans, you have servants?"
"Yes, at home in Indonesia, we have 7 servants"
"What!?"
"Yes....." (he is looking at me like he's thinking What? Doesn't everyone have servants!?)
"So.... what do these servants do for you?"
"Everything! Cook, clean..."
"Do they clean your room for you?"
"Yes."
"So... you have never cleaned your room before in your life?"
"No...."
"And they cook every single meal for you?"
"Yes."
"So no one in your family cooks?"
"No......."

I was shocked - 7 servants, that is unthinkable... And also, they are his personal alarm block every single morning, and they prepare everything possible for him. They even get his shower water ready.

For lunch, I am sad to admit, we went to KFC, however, it was good! I had mashed potatoes and egg tarts. Egg tarts - at KFC, who would have thought.

And it was by far the nicest day in Beijing since I have been here, it was windy, cloudy, sprinkling, and best of all, not hot! I thought I would never be glad to have cold weather, but it is normally deathly hot over here


1 Comments:

At 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LibriVox is podcasting collaborative public domain audiobooks
As inspired by AKMA's collaboratively produced audiobook of Lawrence Lessig's Free Culture , LibriVox is an experiment in bringing together volunteers to produce podcasts of books in the public domain.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a party play poker site. It pretty much covers party play poker related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home